Tuesday, February 23, 2010

More Firefly Cross Stitch!

That's right, more Firefly stuff! Along with the group picture I originally stitched, I'm going to donate these three character pieces to the silent auction for the Vancouver Can't Stop the Serenity Screening. Each picture was stitched on a piece of 18 count cream Aida cloth and is in a 4 X 6 inch frame. I picked up the frames at a local dollar store and got a large piece of the Aida cloth (there's still about half left) for just $13.00. Overall, a nicely inexpensive project.

The borders on the pieces either came directly from, or are modifications of the ones found in, Better Homes and Gardens 2001 Cross Stitch Designs. The lettering on the Wash and River pieces also came from this book. The lettering on the Jayne picture comes from an old Stoney Creek cross stitch book, now out of print, called Pig Tales. I love that book! I think I've only stitched one or two of the piggy designs, but it's my go-to lettering whenever I need something small that looks kinda fancy.


So I think this concludes my charity stitching for now. I'm going to stitch up another group picture and keep it for myself. I've also designed a Zoe and Wash piece for the boyfriend, which I'm hoping to start stitching soon. If anyone else makes anything with my Firefly cross stitch patterns please post a comment and share a link to a picture. I'm curious to see how others use these designs, and always looking for new ideas myself!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love them all. sqeeeee!

Faren said...

I love these, they really make me want to sit down and cross stitch some of my own. Maybe a Captain Tightpants one...

Anonymous said...

I took your fabulous cross stitch patterns and made them up in Tunisian crochet. Thanks for the great pattern!

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k237/dqsweetie84/002-8.jpg

Paula said...

Thanks for sharing your charming patterns. I stitched up the whole crew and used them on a project bag. It was a part of a Firefly-themed swap on Ravelry. http://www.flickr.com/photos/paulaknits/4648354360/

Anonymous said...

Where do I find the pattern?? I would pay for it on Etsy!